Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Wild Rice Soup






Cold Winter nights call for hot soup. As a Midwest girl when those temps start to drop I find myself making more soups and stews. One if my favorites is Chicken Wild Rice Soup. I love the how easy this is to make since its all done in the crock pot. I throw everything in before  I leave for work and when I get home it just needs a few last minute touches and its ready to go! 


Wild Rice Soup: 


3 Stalks of Celery Chopped 

1 Large Onion Chopped 

4 Carrot Sticks Chopped 

1 Cup of Wild Rice 

2 Chicken Breasts 

6 Cups of Chicken Broth 

1/2 Cup of Butter 

3/4 Cup of Flour 

2 Cups Milk 

1 Teaspoon of Dried Sage

1 Teaspoon of Thyme 

Salt and Pepper to Taste



In your Crock Pot place your chicken, wild rice, celery, carrots, onion, and herbs. Pour in your  chicken stock and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 on high. 

Once your soup is cooked remove the chicken and shred then add it back into your crock pot. 

Take your butter and melt it in a pot, once melted add in your flour and whisk together. Slowly start to add in your milk until it is thick. 

Pour your mild, butter, and flour mixture into the crock pot and stir it together. Let this cook another 30 minutes and enjoy! 


This pairs so well with this bread. 

Enjoy! 




Have the BEST day! 

Krista 

No comments:

Post a Comment