Tuesday, August 15, 2017

BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!

Hello sweet friends! How was your weekend? Mine was great! This weekend I found some cute new pieces for my home. Hobby Lobby had 50% wall art (Insert all the heart eye and praise hands emoji) I felt like I pretty much hit the jackpot. Home decor is probably one of my most favorite things ever. Making a house a home brings me so much joy. Okay okay but now onto today's post. I don't know about you but there is something so homey and comforting about baking chocolate chip cookies. Every time I see the Tollhouse commercial I get so sentimental. I think of growing up and baking with my Grandma. There are a million and one recipes for chocolate chip cookies and making the perfect one. I don't brag on a lot of my baking but I am pretty proud of my chocolate chip cookie recipe. They are so easy and delicious. So without further adieu here is my recipe! 



Chocolate Chip Cookies 


Ingredients: 

  2 1/4 cups flour 

  1 teaspoon baking soda

  1 teaspoon salt 

1 stick of butter 

3/4 cups granulated sugar 

3/4 cups packed brown sugar 

2 large eggs 

1 tablespoon vanilla extract 

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies 



Directions: 

Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees 

Mix together dry ingredients in small bowl- flour, baking soda, salt 

Mix together wet ingredients granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla extract until creamy. 

Add one egg at a time and mix well. 

Slowly add in your dry ingredients until it's all mixed together. 

Add and stir in chocolate chips. 

Take a cereal spoon and make small size balls to place on your cookie sheet. 

 Bake for 8-9 minutes. (watch them carefully: see below for why) 

  









Now here are my special tips and tricks that in my opinion make these the BEST cookies! 

1. Make sure your butter is at room temperature 

2. Buy quality vanilla extract. 2 of my favorites can be found here and here

3. DON'T over crowd your cookie sheet. I like to bake 6 cookies at a time. 

4. Don't over bake them. You know they are done when the edges are brown and the middle still looks a little doughy. Once you take them out of the oven they will cook a little longer on the pan. This makes them brown and delicious on the edges and soft in the middle. 




You guys seriously these are the best cookies! Do you have a favorite cookie recipe that you love to go back to every time? Share it with my in the comments below! 



I hope you have the BEST day! 

Krista





2 comments:

  1. Love these cookies! Reading this only makes me want them! When are you baking more? I am so proud of you for sharing your love and passions in life with those around you! You are my inspiration and role model and the BEST big sister ever! Love you!! Can't wait for the next blog to come out!!

    ReplyDelete