Monday, September 26, 2016

Apple Turkey Burger

Hello Sweet friends! Wasn't it just Friday? Where did the weekend go? Alas it is Monday again but that is ok because I am so excited to be sharing a delicious recipe with you today.

I love that apple picking season is here. I was reading one of my favorite blogs Mix and Match Mama  and came across this delicious recipe. Who doesn't love the apple/cheddar combo. I instantly knew I need to make these burgers and you know what....  they DID NOT disappoint. 







Apple Cheddar Burgers: 


2 lbs. Ground Turkey 

EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) 

1 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning 

1 Cup grated Apple ( I used a Haralson apple and grated it with my cheese grater) 

1 Red Onion 

4 Thick Slices of Cheddar ( I used an aged white cheddar... so so so good) 

A Dollop of Dijon mustard

Romaine Lettuce 

4 Burger Buns 












Preheat your grill to a medium/high heat 


Add about 2 tablespoons of EVOO, poultry seasoning, and grated apple to your turkey. Divide into 4 sections and make four patties. 


Grill patties about 8 minutes per side or until cooked to your desired center. 


Right before you pull your burgers from the grill add the sliced cheddar and let melt. 

Next assemble your burger with the red onion, lettuce, and a dollop of Dijon mustard. 










These burgers are AMAZING! I love the sweet tartness from the apple and the sharpness from the cheese. They are a great fall recipe that your family will LOVE. 



I hope you have the BEST day! 

Krista 

No comments:

Post a Comment