Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The BEST Apple Crisp

Good Morning sweet friends and happy Tuesday! I hope that you are having a fantastic week so far and that you are soaking in as much of this glorious fall season as I am. I know we are still pretty early in the season but it's my most favorite time of year and I want to absorb as much of it as I can. I also want to say how sorry I am that I have been M.I.A I started a new position at work and I have been dealing with some personal struggles with my anxiety. You can read more about that here. I am trying to find a new balance so that I can still do the things I love with this new schedule. This blog and you are so very important to me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for still coming back and reading this. I promise that blogs will be back to 3 times a week here soon. In the meantime I have been cooking and trying new recipes but I keep coming back to the classics like apple crisp. I had some sweet friends over last week and I decided to whip this tasty desert up. This is a perfect fall treat and so so sooooooo easy!







Apple Crisp :





For the Crumble Topping:
1/2 cup Flour

1/2 cup Old fashioned rolled oats

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 tsp. ground Cinnamon

dash of salt

1/3 cup unsalted butter diced (it needs to be very cold!!)


For the Apple Filling:
3-4 large apple I used Haralson for this one but any apple could work I love to use Granny Smith ones too! Also I don't peel my apples but you definitely can!

3 Tbsp. of melted butter

2 Tbsp. of flour

3Tbsp milk

1/2 tsp. of Vanilla extract

1/4 cup Brown Sugar

1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

dash of Salt



1. Preheat your oven t 375 degrees f.

2. In a medium bowl combine all your crumble ingredients and mix with a fork until it resembles small crumbles. refrigerate while you prepare the apple mixture.

3. For apple filling: In a small bowl combine melted butter and flour until well blended.

4. Add milk and vanilla stir well.

5. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Combine melted butter and flour mixture until well blended.

6. Pour into a baking dish and spread evenly.

7. Top with crumble mixture evenly and bake for 30-35 minutes.

8. Allow for time to cool and serve with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream.


I hope you enjoy this treat as much as I do!! Apple, Cinnamon, and Butter go hand in hand if you ask me and are truly a fall staple.

Have the BEST day!

Krista








No comments:

Post a Comment