Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joe's

Hello Sweet friends! I hope you all had a fantastic Labor Day weekend. Mine was spent relaxing and enjoying my time off. Last weekend the roommates and I decorated our place for fall!!!! I know I know it was still August but my heart couldn't wait. I will give you a little sneak peak of what we did and wait for the fall house tour sometime at the end of this month! 











One thing that I love about long weekends is I get to try a bunch of recipes and share them with you!! Something we tried that was a house hold hit: Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes!!!!!!! I can't even begin to explain how delicious these are! 


















Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joe's : 


1 Tbsp Olive Oil 
1 lb Ground Beef 
1 Softball Size Onion -Chopped 
1 Green Pepper- Chopped 
2 Tbsp A-1 Steak Sauce 
1 Cup Beef Stock 
1 Tbsp Butter 
1 Tbsp Flour
1 Cup Milk 
1 Cup Provolone Cheese 



In a large skillet over medium heat cook the ground beef with the olive oil until cooked through. 
Add the chopped onions and green pepper and cook another 3-4 minutes or until the vegetable are tender. 

Stir in the steak sauce and beef stock

Season with salt and pepper and bring up to a simmer. 

Toast your hamburger buns in the oven at 350 degrees

While the meat is cooking heat the butter in a separate pan and stir in the flour cook for 1 minute. 

Whisk in milk and bring up to a simmer until it thickens. 

Remove from the heat and add in the provolone cheese and stir until mixed well. 

Next add a scoop of the meat and veggies mixture and top with cheese sauce. 



These are delicious and sure to be a family favorite!!!! 



Have the BEST Day! 

Krista 




No comments:

Post a Comment