Monday, May 23, 2016

Caprese Chicken

Happy Monday sweet friends! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was packed with fun things and I could not be happier that I got so much accomplished! I wanted to apologize that things have been quiet over here on the blog. With packing for our big move and a few other things I had to take a little break from my blog. I am so happy to be back and to be sharing a delicious yummy recipe that is PERFECT for summer with you! Anyone else love Caprese salad as much as I do? Mozzarella, Tomato, Fresh basil, and Balsamic.... Yes Please. Any chance to have this easy and delicious salad sign me up. I thought it would be even better with a piece of grilled chicken! This is an easy recipe that I am sure will be a family favorite!!
 
 
 
 
Grilled Caprese Chicken:
 
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
 
4 Slices of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
 
2 sprigs leaves removed Fresh basil
 
1 Roma or Heirloom Tomato sliced
 
2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
 
2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
 
2 tsp. Brown Sugar
 
3 tbsp. Olive Oil
 
 
1. Whisk together your Balsamic, Dijon, brown sugar, and Olive Oil in a separate bowl.
Brush mixture onto chicken
 
2. Grill your chicken till it's cooked thoroughly
 
3. Once chicken is cooked through plate and top with mozzarella, tomato, and fresh basil.
 
It you want to make it extra yummy you can make a balsamic reduction and drizzle that on top too!
 
 
Balsamic Reduction:
 
1 cup balsamic vinegar
 
Put cup of balsamic into a saucepan on the stove and bring to a boil
Then reduce to a strong simmer and watch it stirring occasionally.
Wait until balsamic has reduced to 1/3 or mixture coats a spoon.
let cool for a few minutes and it will thicken.
 
Drizzle this heavenly goodness onto your chicken and enjoy!   



 
Seriously this is heavenly! I hope this becomes one of your go to recipes for the summer!
 
 
I hope you have the BEST day!
 
Krista



No comments:

Post a Comment