Monday, May 2, 2016

Homemade Taco Seasoning


Hello sweet friends!! I hope you all are having a great Monday so far. How was your weekend? I had a great time packing and hanging out with friends. I can't believe it's May!!! It's moving month for  me, the weather is getting warmer each day, and this Thursday is Cinco De Mayo!!! I love to cook and Mexican food is one of my favorites! This week I am making carne asada and a Mexican street corn salad.  I will definitely share the recipe with you guys after I make it!

Like I said before Mexican food is one of my favorites we make it a lot at our house. But one thing I don't like is all of the sodium and fillers that they put in the pre packaged taco seasoning. I want to incorporate cleaner foods into my diet and life. I want to share with you my homemade taco seasoning recipe. This recipe is a small but big step to eating a little cleaner!



Taco Seasoning:

1/2 cup Chili Powder

1/4 cup Ground Cumin

1/4 cup Dried Onion

1/4 cup Paprika

1/4 cup Garlic Powder

1/4 cup Dried Oregano

1 T Kosher Salt

1/2 T Cracked Pepper


All you need to do is in a large bowl mix the ingredients thoroughly. Store in either an air tight container or you can store it in a glass mason jar. The one thing I love about this is you are in control of what goes into the seasoning. If you like something a little more spicy add more chili powder or a little cayenne pepper. If you want something a little more mild as less. You really can't go wrong and you get to make is just for you and your families needs! 


I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Leave a comment below with one of your favorite Mexican dishes or how you would make your taco seasoning!


Have the Best day!
 
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment