Wednesday, November 11, 2015

DIY Buffet Table

Good morning and happy Wednesday friends! Here we are at the middle of the week and I have a fun DIY I want to share with you that I worked on a few weekends ago. Any chance that I get to put my own stamp on something I take. I love when something is personal to me and when I get to share that with others it makes my heart so happy.

For a While now I have been wanting some sort of buffet table in my dinning room. Something that could help store some of my decor pieces and my special china that I got from my great grandma. For a long time I was just going to buy something, with all the great and cute options out there I could have easily found what I was looking for. But there is something so fun about taking an older piece and making it new again. So with my budget set I ventured out to find what I was looking for. Side note here it took forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to find what I was looking for. Countless stops at each thrift store in our area. But when I found it, every trip that was unsuccessful became worth it! That is the one thing I would encourage you with. Don't settle, wait and find exactly what you are looking for because it will be so worth it in the end.


Here is what I used...
Annie Sloane Chalk paint in Old White
Varathane Wood Stain in Kona


 I found a super cute dresser at one of the local thrift stores in town. And at $24 I knew this was a steal and would make the perfect buffet table in my dinning room. I snatch this right up.
 
 
 
 Here is the dresser before... 
 
 
 
A funny picture of my sister and I. We forgot to take measurements so we quickly learned this would not fit into my car. But one call later our friend was on the way with his truck to help us get it home!
 
 
 
 
 
 
My super cute sister all ready to sand, paint, and stain.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hold up.... I know what you are all thinking... Sand? I thought one of the great benefits of chalk paint was you didn't have to sand... Correct! But I wanted to do a little something extra on this table with some left over stain I had at home  we sanded down the top and use the Varathane stain in Kona to give it a rich and sophisticated feel. Then we wiped down the dresser and used 2 coats of Annie Sloane chalk paint in Old White. I didn't wax the dresser after, I didn't think it needed it.
 
 
 
 
Drum roll please.......
 
 
Here is the dresser after! I would still like to get new hardware for it but I could not be happier with how it turned out. It is the perfect piece for my space!
 





 
 
And here it is in my dinning room!

 
 
This project was so simply anyone could do it!
 
Hope you all have a great Wednesday!
 
Krista
 

No comments:

Post a Comment