Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Thankful

I love the month of November, it's the month before Christmas and my birthday. And if you couldn't tell by now how much I love Fall well then I don't know what more I can do. But the biggest reason I love November is Thanksgiving. Growing up I didn't have the best home life. I won't go into to much detail but my life was far from perfect. But I was thankful. I was thankful for my life, for my family, and for a God that loves me unconditionaly.

How often do we take for granted the things in our lives that we should be thankful for?
 
 
 
God clearly calls us in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 that we are to give thanks in EVERYTHING. Even when things don't seem to go our way. Be thankful. When life seems like it is more then we can handle. Be thankful. When it seems like you have nothing more to give. Be thankful.
 
 
 
This last season my life has been in constant change.  Not only my life but the people that are closest to me. Our worlds have been flipped upside down. Everthing that we have known is gone and life will never be as it was. I know there have been many times I've had to repeat this verse in my head over and over again. And you know what... it's hard. It's hard somtimes to find the grateful moments or the moments of thankfulness. But if I know anything it's this.... My God is faithful, and the promises he has made to me are yes and amen. And that in and of itself is something to be thankful for. That God loves me so much he gave everything for someone like me who falls short of his glory everyday. That is the greatest thing to be thankful for.
 
 
Every year on social media I see the #30daysofthanks. I encourage you to sit down and think of all the things you are thankful for. And to not limit your thanks to one day.
 
 
Today I am thankful for the people that God has placed in my life. They have blessed me more then they will ever know and have helped to shape me into the person that I am today. They know who they are, and I love them so much.
 
What are you thankful for?
 
Krista


No comments:

Post a Comment