Monday, November 9, 2015

I'm to Busy

How many times have you said this to someone or have had it said to you? The infamous "Sorry I'm to busy." We all live really busy lives and sometimes it seems like if we don't have a a lot of things planned or we aren't busy enough then something is wrong with us. Do you ever feel like that? I know sometimes I do.




Yesterday at church our pastor preached a sermon on loving your neighbor and having community with people. Personal/y I love community. I need community. I love to do life with people and grow with them personal/y and in our relationships with Christ. But how can I do that if I don't make time.
 
We need to stop the glorification of being busy.
 
Why is it that we think being "busy" is a good thing. Yes we all have important things that need to be done but taking time away from that to be with your family, spending quiet time with Christ, or inviting someone out to dinner just to do life with is so much more important yet we never seem to find the time.
 
Pastor Jon's sermon yesterday really made me think about how I can make the time on my schedule to do what God has called me to do which is to simply love others. He made a point that even if someone sucks the life out of you. Love them. Speak life into them. I can do a better job at that. I can be better at spending more time with my family and shutting off social media, the TV, clearing my schedule to have dinner with them or talk to them on the phone. Even if I really just don't have the time that day, sending someone an uplifting text message can be all they need to make it through that day.
 
I encourage you to stop the glorification of being busy and to simply give people your time. Love them, encourage them, uplift them, and show them Christ through your actions.
 
Happy Monday Sweet Friends I hope you have a great week!
Krista
 





No comments:

Post a Comment